Sunday 23 September 2007

Last Rose of Summer

This is a picture of a rose given to me by special friends in memory of the wonderful time we had together celebrating their Ruby wedding anniversary on 26 September 2007. May there be many more celebrations Nita and Richard.
I have placed it near the front door as a welcome to all who call, as well as a reminder of my friends each time I leave or return home.
I did not expect it to flower this year given the change in weather conditions so it is a lovely surprise.
Other half and I are off for a holiday soon and we plan to take as many photographs as possible, to show you when we return.
I am hoping that there is some lace amongst the photos, done by other enthusiasts.
I have packed in my case a lace project to take with me, as well as a Kumihimo Disc and bobbins for in the aircraft, to make a cord for the purse I am knitting . I do not think that will breach any aviation rules.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

My what a lovely gnome...mind he looks heavy! xx

bowledover said...

Hi dancin'fool, yes I asked a friend to hold him for a moment when I bought him and nearly gave them a hernia.
He is called the eternal optimist with a verse printed on the back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...