Thursday 16 October 2008

Sky Watch Friday 9





























Welcome To Spain

We spent last week in Spain. The weather was lovely until Thursday when storms broke out,
warm rain is not so bad though don't you think ?
However we did get out and about. These are a few of the pictures I took throughout the holiday.

1) My interpretation. A Flamenco Dancer.
I watched this cloud formation develop over an hour while I walked to Torremolinos. It collapsed a short time later.

2) Mijas an Andalucian Village.
Up in the hills, the village is charming.
It has breath taking views and equally breath taking hair pin bends in the hill roads.

3) Andalucian Lakes.
Really the three great Reservoirs which join.
Information gathered told us that if you see a house alone, miles from anywhere, then this is the home of a head facility keeper.
This is the home of the head keeper of the lakes.
I dream of having a home like this, with the views of course.
The lakes are severely depleted, rain is needed in the hills.
Where you can see the rocks at the waters edge, these should be submerged.
The general public can have their water supply stopped for several hours each day, to prevent abuse of this vital commodity.
This would not apply to holiday makers and hotels though.

Please take time to click on the Sky Watch Friday banner on my side bar, to see many more wonderful pictures from around the world, taken by other Sky Watchers.

My thanks too, to Tom and his staff from Sky Watch, for making this site available and user friendly to us all , to blog and share our pictures.

Please may I also ask if you would click on the Poverty Action Day banner in my side bar also and see what the united front is doing to address Poverty World Wide. Thank You.
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

Guy D said...

Excellent pics, the first one is tremendous. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers

http://reginainpictures.blogspot.com/

Louise said...

The first photo made me gasp! Your interpretation of it is fantastic! I love the "cloud shelf" in the last photo.

And warm rain isn't so bad!

Coloradolady said...

That first photo is breathtaking. I love that shot. Have a great SWF and weekend.

bobbie said...

All beautiful, but that single red flower is so striking!

I'm going to read about Poverty Action now.

Photo Cache said...

I especially enjoy your flamenco dancer. Hoped you had a great time in Spain.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm glad you didn't allow a little rain to spoil your vacation. ;-)
Happy Sky Watch!

Mojo said...

Hmm... I saw Einstein in the first picture... okay, I'm an egghead...

LOVE the second shot -- the red in the flower just jumps out of the sky backdrop.

Carletta said...

I loved your flamenco dancer!
The others are wonderful as well.
All beautiful.

Pretty Life Online said...

Perfect catch for Skywatch Friday!!!! Mine's up too hope to hear from you.. Have a great weekend!

Jane Hards Photography said...

All so different and wonderful. Blog action day for poverty a very worthwhile idea.

Michele said...

Oh niiiiice... what a pretty series of photos.
I love that little cloud formation dancing in the sky! =)
http://chunkymountains.blogspot.com/

Arija said...

An interesting cloud as though the sky were waving it's own flag.
I love the rose in the second shot, I hope you wore it in your teeth as you danced, just to leave your hands free for the castanettes.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

BD: My those are three different and interesting shots of the sky. You did a great job.
Thanks for your wonderful comments on my site.

Anonymous said...

These are all very nice images, but the one of the Torremolinos flamenco dancer is superb!

vincibene said...

Beautiful pictures! My favorite is the flamenco dancer!

Hilda said...

Thank you for sharing your holiday photos with us. It looks like you had a grand time!

The cloud does look like a flamenco dancer — I can see her flinging out her shawl behind her with a dramatic curve to her body!

The village is very charming, and I hope no one in your party got a heart attack from those hair pin curves! I'm such a bad traveler — I get an awful case of motion sickness with roads like that.

I also hope the rains come down those mountains soon. I'd gladly send some over if I could. It's still the monsoon season here in the Philippines and the rains are driving me batty.

Happy Sky Watching!
I posted a photo of a canoe Among bigger cousins for my entry.

Anonymous said...

I love the cloud picture (1st shot). Really amazing. The others are great too - you really have an eye!

Thanks so much for coming by to see the moons over my place. And for your comments re: "wasted time" Glad you were able to agree/settle on golf! We're still searching for that settle!

Dancin Fool said...

Just beautiful!

Powell River Books said...

The first cloud is just amazing. I invite you to come see my sky views from the BC Ferry to Powell River. -- Margy

Laura ~Peach~ said...

lovely thank you for the virtual tour ! wonderful SWF!

Jeannelle said...

The cloud formation is amazing! Wonderful scenes from Spain, too! Happy SkyWatching! Greetings from Iowa, USA.

ChrissyM said...

What amazing photos. I love the second one with the flower sticking up. And that cloud is amazing. Awesome!

bowledover said...

Thank you all for visiting and your kind comments re Spain.
I have visited you all, however found some problem leaving messages on Joint blogs.
I hope that you will understand, or even better, advise me how to get through to you.
See you next SWF.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...