Wednesday 28 May 2008

Peony Time

I have a fondness for Peonies which I think stems from my mother. Having a fair number of the bush forming in the garden I have now branched into Tree Peonies.
I have four plants now though this is the only one to flower yet. It has been three years in this location. Two years ago it bloomed as a single petal flower, this year it was a lovely surprise to see what I can expect from it in the future. I should have put some form of measure up as the flower was side plate size.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

We have lots of peonies in our new garden with loads of flower heads but nothing has opened yet. I am dying to know what colour they will be!

bowledover said...

I used to have some parrot type they are ragged and lovely. I think in the many moves that they were buried too deep and I lost them.
If you find a yellow bush varity plese let me know, as I am after one to go with the yellow tree peony.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...