Thursday 29 January 2009

Sky Watch Friday 21



Its been a dull, cold and wet two week period and I have been at a loss as to skies to post for SWF.

Lord L and I went to town today and stopped by Cogglesford Water Mill.
Lord Ls pictures are on the left and mine on the right.
The Mill is no longer used for its original purpose, however it is now a popular restaurant.

Top. First left is the back of the Mill.
Second middle is the top lake feeding the mill race.
Third right is the tilt gate over the race.


Middle . First is the front aspect of the Mill.
Next is the Swing Bridge over the river Slea ,that I spoke of two weeks ago.
It is not completed yet.

Lower . First is a close up picture of the back of the Mill.
Second is looking into the boiling water of the race.
You can see a small shaft of sun light on the wall.

To enlarge the pictures just click on the photos.

We walk along the river side now and then, there is certainly one Kingfisher,
who patrols a stretch of the river close to the Mill.

If you click on the Sky Watch Banner in my side bar on the right you can enjoy looking at hundreds
of wonderful Sky Watch pictures from around the world.

Thanks to Dot and other past founder members of Sky Watch for setting up this meme.
Thanks also to the present volunteers who continue to assist and monitor the programme.

Posted by Picasa

30 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

Just wonderful. I can hear the water rushing and feel the crisp air.

bobbie said...

All very nice. I especially like the first picture, with the reflections in the water.

Janie said...

Great pictures of the mill. Looks like a great place to visit.

Mojo said...

We've got a couple of mills like this in town, though only one of them has the building still standing. That one is now a historic site. The other one is a city park, though only the millrace remains of it.

I have a real fondness for old mills like these. Nicely done.

Unknown said...

Wonderful collage!

Happy Swf!

imac said...

Beautiful place - been there many times - only 14 miles from where I live. food good there too.

Susan at Stony River said...

What a beautiful place--and you took such wonderful photos of it, both of you. I'm envious, and so glad you shared them for Skywatch Friday---I love the waterfall best I think. Gorgeous!

Photo Cache said...

You are a talented duo, both your photos are magnificent.

EG CameraGirl said...

I'd love to visit the mill in person, It looks fascinating.

Dewdrop said...

I love your collages! Great perspective shots. I love how it shows both sides. How you see things... Wonderful!

vincibene said...

Wondeful collage with interesting places!

Michele said...

Again, you have done a splendid job!!
I always get so excited to see what beautiful work you have done with your collages and you never disappoint me. These are fantastic!! You are a pro at this!
(((Hugs)))

Mountain Retreat

Jane Hards Photography said...

These are impressive as a collection. Water moving is not the easiest of images but you got it.

Carver said...

These are all beautiful shots. I enjoy the look of winter.

PJ said...

Is this Lord Love-A-Duck's? I like your joint effort, it's very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty photos! I love them.

Anonymous said...

Amazing what you can do with water power, isn't it? You both took great photos.

SandyCarlson said...

Yes, yes, yes! These are great. Happy weekend to you!

Tom said...

This look a great place to spend time around... I can well imagine myself, camera in hand capture shots of that mill...

Tom

Anonymous said...

Great photos of the water. Sounds like our weather is completely opposite at the moment!

Naturegirl said...

Great entry here for SWF! How wonderful to see a climate with no snow!In my snow covered world Spring feels mighty far away! Enjoy your weekend!

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Nice collage. All beautiful photos.

Patricia said...

You have so wonderful photos, I have never been there thanks for sharing your beautiful place with us,
have a happy weekend!
psimago

Anonymous said...

Very wonderful photo series :)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

All absolutely lovely shots ~ I love the reflections in the water!

Carletta said...

Beautiful collage!
I love old mills and this looks like one to stop and spend some time looking around.

Ice Pony Girl said...

Love the water.

Dancin Fool said...

Hello! Missing you from Sky Watch! xxx

Louise said...

What a beautiful place to spend some time!

Anonymous said...

You didn't do too bad for not knowing what to post :) The first photo I especially like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...