Thursday 8 January 2009

Sky Watch Friday 19
















Hi everyone Happy NewYear to you all.
I went walk about on Tuesday,
(I can hear some people from Australia wincing at the term walk about, in the size of village that I live in.)
Any way the centre picture is of the moon rising at 3.00pm and -2 degrees, followed by the two of rooks nests, the rooks were gathering twigs and repairing the nests.
An old folk lore is, that the higher the nests are in the trees, is a omen of good weather to come.
If the nests are lower in the trees, then the birds know it will be windy and therefore protect their young in the lower branches which have the strength of the tree.

Please may this be true, this year according to my pictures.
The last four pictures are various stages of the sun setting from 3.30pm until 4.30pm.

Please do join me and look at other great pictures from around the world, by clicking on the Sky Watch Banner
in my side bar on the top right.

Sky Watch was the concept of Dot and a great team of people who monitor and assist the working of this meme,
some of the founder members have moved on, though still making occasional visits.
There is still a voluntary team working hard behind the site, thanks are given to them for the many hours of work
they put in to ensure our enjoyment.
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

They are lovely, and I love the collage, it must have been a wonderful walk. Here's hoping the birds have got it right! xx

bobbie said...

beautiful pictures all. You mus have really enjoyed that walk.

Steffi said...

Happy New Year 2009 to you and Happy SWF!Great photos!

imac said...

Love your colours.

Photo Cache said...

beautiful collage. happy weekend. do more walk abouts.

EG CameraGirl said...

Lovely collage of beautiful skies. Happy New Year to you too.

Carletta said...

All of these are great shots!
I love the nest in the tree.

Michele said...

Happy New Year!!
Your collage is very nicely put together is so interesting to see! So many beautiful skies and colors to view... what a delight!!
You sure did have a great walk, that's for sure!
I wish I could have gone on that walk with you!

Have a good weekend... stay safe!
~Michele~
((Hugs))

Unknown said...

Wonderful collage!

Carver said...

Beautiful collage of photographs from your walk about. Also an interesting post.

vincibene said...

Wonderful collage and an interesting story about the nests.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Your walkabout comment made me laugh. I know how you feel. Lovely virtual walkabout around those beautiful skies.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely photo collage. Like you, I hope the birds and their nests stay safe.

Lilli & Nevada said...

Beautiful collage of your walk

Mary said...

what a beautiful collage! Wishing you a mild winter, and a very happy 2009. :)

SandyCarlson said...

That's a beautiful collage.

Sandra said...

Happy New Year to you too! I must say these are very beautiful pictures.

Susan at Stony River said...

What a wonderful way to show them: it's a lovely grouping. Each view is wonderful on its own too!

Thank you for sharing such pretty skies from your walk, and Happy SWF!

Dewdrop said...

Lovely collection. Interesting story about folk lore that I had never heard but makes sense. If you're right, I may not have many chasetunities...

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Nice collage of photos. Happy SWF!

Anonymous said...

Lovely series of photos. I could even see the nests in the tress!

angie {the arthur clan} said...

What a lovely collage of photos ~ very beautiful!

Unknown said...

Some lovely shots, thanks for sharing your walk :)

shaker said...

Some very nice pictures here !

Louise said...

Beautiful photos. I hope the rooks are right; I don't envy your weather at all!

Michele said...

I don't see an email anywhere as I was going to tell you exactly what happened but I 'll tell u that I had to pull off the Butterflies blog but I put on a new "general" blog that you can see if you click on my picture to see all the blogs called Handling Life's storms...
~Michele~
(Hug)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...