Tuesday 31 August 2010

Woolly Spires


I mentioned on my blog about St Denys Church having solar panels fitted,
to reduce its Carbon Footprint.

Well in Sleaford a small group of volunteers are part of an Arts project,
I am one of them, and we are knitting a model of the church.
Its three feet high.

If you look on facebook under Woolly Spires,
you will see what is being made.

Here picture one is the knitted solar panel awaiting placement.
Click on the picture to enlarge it.
Underneath are two of the roof towers, also the gate way to the side porch of the church.
I understand that the homeless used to sleep out in this porch.
They have had accommodation found.
The space has since been closed in and taken into the church.

Next are two of the three belfry window panels.
The third is already made and fitted.

There are six doors to the church. The main one is again already fitted.
These are the remaining five.
There are wonderful stonework panels about the roof and crenelations.
I have started these and am waiting for group agreement as
to which should be used.

When the church is completed it will travel the county.
Another four churches are planned to be knitted from various points of Lincolnshire.

Eventually the five churches will be displayed in The Usher Gallery In Lincoln.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

How wonderful, I cannot wait to see the finished article. Unfortunately I am not a member of face book and therefore cannot view the page, although I am thinking of joining just so I can see the church!

bowledover said...

Hi Dancin.
Thank you for stopping by.
It has taken five hours to attach the various parts to the church today. There is still a way to go ,however it is shaping up well.
I will post some pictures soon.

imac said...

Quite the Artist my friend.

bowledover said...

Hi Imac thank you for stopping by.
The church will go on display at some point, in the usher Gallery.
Along with four other churches, one of which will be Boston Stump.
Now there is a project.
Amazing what can be done with a piece of thread and some patience.
Be well friend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...