Thursday 19 April 2012

Christmas gift made up.


I was given a hank of this yarn, Alpaca for Christmas, by dancin' fool.
The colours and feel of it are lovely.
The yarn can be found at http://www.artesano.co.uk/ and is called Hummingbird.

My thoughts were what I would make that would retain the lovely colour ways,
as knitting did not do justice to the yarn.
A book by Kristin Omdahl, ( pictured above), called Seamless Crochet,which is a method of making crochet motifs in a continous length and joining them together as you work, was the answer. It retained the wonderful colour ways in blocks.The seperate small work is a fastener for the scarf.
Thank you dancin' and Kristin.
I am now on my sixth project using this book for inspiration.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sensory Dragon said...

It looks fab and I love the colours! Will be lovely for the autumn.

bowledover said...

Thank you Sensory Dragon it truly is a wonderful colour way yarn.
It also stays put even in windy weather.
Thanks for stopping by. Be well.

Dancin Fool said...

You have chosen the perfect pattern for it, I am so happy you have something so beautiful to wear. xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...