Wednesday 23 May 2007

Embroiderers Guild Member

Well today after a considerable wait I became a member of the embroiderers guild. I sit here with my lapel pin on and a good amount of information to read through, I will keep the reading for the evenings when the light fades.
I will start my blackwork as a project for the guild. This has to be done in the spring and summer as working with black yarn in the winter is a strain on the eyes even on a white background.
Being a morning person I can move mountains between the early hours and 13.00pm.
After this I slow down a bit but still carry on with my crafts what ever the time of day. I have also been known to stay up all night to complete a project.
Having started the white bed spread I am enjoying it. As I work I let my mind wonder as to the various finishing touches that I can add to the project.
My mind recalled a previous white spread for a kingsize bed, made for a colleague. It draped the floor considerably. This is an accident waiting to happen.
Therefore I plan to let the recessed edging be of material and just touch the floor.
I will get a photo up on site soon and you can share the pleasure with me.

5 comments:

Mac's niece said...

I'm really glad the guild membership came through, and hope you get lots of enjoyment from it. Where do the guild meet?

bowledover said...

Ah mac's neice not near me I'm afraid. Scunthorpe, Peterborough.Birmingham.
There are distance learning courses and day courses in London.
I will look into this later.
I have yet to find anything local, and have still to read all of the paperwork.
Thanks for the contact. Have a nice break now and enjoy yourselves.

Dancin Fool said...

Hello! Congratulations on getting your membership through!

I remember the giant bed cover you made a few years ago, it weighed a tonne and was beautiful.

Dancin Fool said...

One more tag from me...sorry, it's just a small one and good fun.

Grab the book that is nearest to you (no cheating), turn to page 161, post the text of the fifth full sentence on the page.

You don't have to tag anyone but people can have a go if they like. xx

bowledover said...

Hi dancin' fool, I have responded to your tag and enjoyed it thanks.
Yes, you hepled me to put tension on the crocheted spread I made when I sewed it up.
I enjoyed that project and will look up the pattern again, I know I have even more yarn that would make another spread.
Family joke at the moment is I am not allowed to buy any more yarn until I have cleared some space of the yearns I have. I am working on it very fast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...