Saturday 2 June 2007

Knitters and Crocheters Guild

Can you imagine my horror I wrote a huge blog and lost it, ah , well here I go again.
Having applied to the above guild for membership, I have received my membership card and various paperwork.
In case any of you are interested then I will give you contact details I promise you will not be disappointed.
www.knitting-and-crochet-guild.org.uk

It was established in 1978 and just some of its aims are to promote knitting and crochet, encourage exhibitions , integrate with other communities and facilitate the sharing of different skills and techniques.
The guild has a well established library and maintains a collection of knitted and crocheted artefact's and ephemera.
The guild publishes various leaflets and a journal 'Slip Knot'.
While I read my copy I noted that the guild also in involved in felting and dying as well as freeform working even textiles are included.
I wondered just where I would fit in with this organisation.
Should I become a coordinator of a local branch, become a fundraiser or give my time producing items for the guild.
Well I will keep you informed.

Back to busy hands, the spread is growing well, it is becoming too heavy to work when I join the next squares on so, I have put the body in a cotton shoulder bag and this serves several tasks. It keeps it clean, takes the weight and makes it more maneuverable, this means that I can take it on holiday as I work crafts every day.
The bowls jacket is not finished yet it only needs the fronts and back armhole shaping to complete it then I can sew it together.
Also in the making is a knitted Victorian handbag, it is worked in the round and has two inch squares in basket weave and set diamond wise.
There are usually several items on the go, as when watching TV I can relax with some projects and others need more concentration.
Ever the moth er flitting from one thing to another.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...