Tuesday 14 July 2009

Sky Watch Friday 41


Welcome to the City of Lincoln.

We went to Lincoln to see what the Cathedral would look like, second top right picture,
to the left in the same picture with the square rampart is Lincoln Castle.
You can enlarge the picture by clicking your mouse on it.

The first picture is of The Glory Hole, a bridge spanning the river, which leads to
Brayford Wharf in the city its self.
The Tudor fronted shop, which dates back years is The Old Coffee shop.
In winter its lovely to walk past when the coffee beans are being roasted.
A requirement is a detour in for a cuppa.

The day started sunny and clear. Two hours later there was a marked change and
I took the cloud shots.
There was a small shower enough to use you car wipers to clear the
screen then it was over, for us at least.

To see many more Sky Watch pictures from around the world just click on the Sky Watch Banner
in my side bar on the right.

Dot and Tom had the inspiration for forming Sky Watch as a meme, bringing people from around
the world together to share the wonders of the skies.
They have both moved to pastures new and a team of volunteers now monitor and assist the seam free
running of sky watch.
It takes many hours of their time. Thank you all your work is much appreciated.
Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

BD: I do love that Glory Hole photo with the Swans and the blue sky above.

Anonymous said...

Another lovely collage! I've heard of the Lincoln Cathedral, but this is the first I've seen it.

SandyCarlson said...

I especially love those posts that tell me something of where words and names I use come from. This was wonderful reading, and your images are gorgeous.

Michele said...

Oh wow, what an amazing looking bridge!!

I hope you are doing well these days. Hugs♥

Gennasus said...

The Glory Hole looks wonderful. We almost made it to Lincoln last year, must make an effort to get there, the cathedral looks stunning.

Larry D said...

Wonderful photos, the bridge was my favorite.

Carver said...

Those are all beautiful shots. I love the stone bridge.

Dewdrop said...

Always a joy visiting you. Lovely shots. Love the textured sky in the last two.

Bradley Hsi said...

I like the sky line and The Glory Hole. As you said, must be very nice to sip coffee over that bridge.

Dancin Fool said...

Lovely shots and great picture of the cathedral.

jabblog said...

I have fond memories of Lincolnshire. I went to college there (which I loathed!) but loved the county so your wonderful photos stimulate happy memories.

Pearl Maple said...

Great collage for Sky Watch Friday complete with lovely views. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sylvia K said...

The Glory Hole does indeed look marvelous! What a marvelous collage! And, I too, love posts that tell me something about what I'm looking at -- well, at least if it isn't totally obvious! Have a lovely weekend!

Regina said...

The first one is amazing.
Wonderful shots and post.

Louise said...

The dark clouds have interesting patterns. Strangely, our sky is much like this at this very moment, but it certainly will not last.

I LOVE the swans in front of the bridge. Such a timeless picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...