Tuesday 9 March 2010

A Practical Tendency

I have thought about why I lock myself into crochet, indeed craft projects so much.
I started knitting at 6 years old. My first work was originally pink wool, which soon turned to a grubby yellowy brown, as I frogged it and restarted my project.
I recall being frustrated that I could not work with two colours.
My mothers work was so nice.

While hands and fingers fly in intricate moves
the mind becomes still,the quiet it exudes.
The nearer tranquility I try to obtain,
a sound, banishes my solitude and at oneness again.

4 comments:

imac said...

Arty.

bowledover said...

Hi Imac thanks for stopping by, I hope you are enjoying your self.
I am trying to think of a header for Watch the birdie.
I think mine would revolve around golf.
Other half is a keen golfer.
Be well friend.

Dancin Fool said...

Hello! That is such a beautiful verse! I totally understand as it captures all I love about hiking, juggling and any other pursuit that encourages a focus and stillness of the mind. This is a wonderful post. xx

bowledover said...

Thank you Dancin' Its the nearest to meditation I can think of.
Its nice that you also enjoy the pleasure and peace.
Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...