Monday 9 April 2007

Well its day three since I opened my blog site, I have been busy working in the sunshine and making a dry garden feature.
It is an eighteen foot long( note not metric use when off duty) corner crescent, ten feet wide, with a two foot high stone wall at the back, while the front has four low juniper bushes.
Dancin' fool and I, have cleared the ground and leveled it.
A wild life pond was sunk into the sand and soil, some of the junipers required trimming to accomplish this.
Three tons of beach type stones have been placed on top of the soil and sand mix and leveled. To off set the wild life feature an Aloe Vera succulent has been planted It is a clear open space which gives the appearance of calm.
This was a very enjoyable project.

The scarf that I was making in two ply is finished and the beads added, it only needs blocking now. A nice gift for someone.

I am planning the next project so will keep you informed.

4 comments:

Dancin Fool said...

Hello! You should post a picture of the pond, and the scarf! I can't wait to see both!

How many transformations has that part of the garden undergone!

xxx

bowledover said...

I must admit the same thought went through my mind about transformation, also the hours spent doing it.

Dancin Fool said...

Many happy hours though!

Mac's niece said...

I am looking forward to seeing it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...