Friday 18 July 2008

Corded Curtain

This is an on going project, the headed curtain took only two nights to complete, the cords though take a little longer.
I need 50 cords and on show here are 35 of them , so it should be completed in a weeks time.
I had been very good and stuck to two projects, albeit one of them is a large one.
Yesterday found me tinkering with Christmas tree, snowflake decorations, which I unpicked as it was not a suitable yarn that I was using.
I thought that if I made three circles of lace between 3 and 4 inches in diameter, folded them in half and joined them back to back I would have an interesting shape snowflake, which I could then put a frost type shape about the edges.
I really liked the pointed area I was playing with, into a three chain space work ( English crochet terms) four trebles, three triple trebles, one quadruple treble,three triple trebles. four trebles. it made an elongated leaf shape. The yarn I was using is highly polished and it gave a lovely satin look to the centre of the leaf.
I will try again and let you see the finished project what ever it turns out like.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! You did the crochet, too, yes?

bowledover said...

Thank you Cass, yes I did the crochet.
There are now 40 cords only 10 more to go.

Dancin Fool said...

Welll done! I can't wait to see the finished piece!

bowledover said...

Thanks dancin' the way I feel at the moment neither can I. I have another project lined up and some fillers waiting, never a dull moment.
Mind I can not sit without something of work in my hands.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...